Wedding Ticker

Friday, August 31, 2012

| The Heat is On! |

I’ve been thinking a lot these days.. about family, babies, pregnancy, nurturing/raising a child, maintaining a healthy/happy marriage, jobs/career, purpose etc.

Right now, at this present moment, I am very blessed.

I have an extremely doting husband who loves me to bits and whom I love very much too; a great family who’s always there for me whom we always have fun together; 2 puppies who are really naughty but whom can always find their way back into our hearts; a good job that is very near home (haha!) and a home that is slowly but surely building its way up so that we would have a place we can finally call “our home” in about 2 years’ time or earlier, hopefully.

So I’m glad, I truly am.

Been hearing of couples trying for a baby for years and still nothing. Yet there are those that do not even need to try and they are “accidentally” pregnant. And I feel for the former; it’s sad. Maybe aging has upped my maternal instincts to a few notches but trust me when I say I can fully empathize with couples who are unable to conceive.

Talk about age. The big 3 scares most women, myself included. You think about the things you can’t do, things you have to consider before doing, and things to quickly do before you can’t do them anymore.

We’ve just been married for about 3 months and everyone in my new company (who knows that I am a newly-wed, all thanks to my very enthusiastic colleague who helps me announce) has been telling me, “DON’T PLAN FOR A BABY”. And just today, another colleague said how we should let nature take its course. Even colleagues are so pro-family, what more of my own family and my in-laws?

So ladies and gentlemen, its official – the heat is on and the pressure is up.

We have never felt the need or rush to start a family so soon (and strangely we still don’t haha!) but hey, men’s plans change all the time so that we could be in line with our Abba Father’s plans! His ways are not the ways of men so don’t even think for one second that you can understand the intention behind God’s plans. But what I do understand is: a baby is truly a gift from God and its very precious. Even typing that sentence brought tears to my eyes; I am soooo pms-ing.

We need to learn how to cherish every life, no matter how little or insignificant it may be. And also learn to let go and let God.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: