Wedding Ticker

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

| I'm a Missus Now! |

So I’ve been a missus for about 2.5 months now and married life is treating us well!

No plans for a baby yet though I had been wanting one..hubby says he wants to spend MORE time with me ALONE…like 11 years together wasn’t enough? HA!

Well well, even though I know my own biological clock is happily ticking away and its definitely easier to recover from pregnancy if I have a child at a younger age, BUT if my hubby is not for it then I guess I have to respect his decision. Unless of course it is God’s gift to us, then we would start to question the quality of the rubber huh? Ah-ha, but if that happens then we would be in for a treat! But seriously, I hope to get a boy! So im starting to strengthen myself now (you know its never too early to start hehe) and also by eating more red meat (I never used to). I’ve heard that eating beef in particular helps in getting a boy LOL ;p

Anyways, what I really wanna talk about today is about Seven Dresses (SD).

Hmm, so SD has been around for about 2 years now and we’ve always had lukewarm responses for our launches. A couple of factors, in particular the collections – especially the earlier collections – were named biblically. And though I know that makes non-believers uncomfortable, I held on to my belief that the ultimate purpose of this blogshop was to let people know more about God. Even now I no longer name my clothes after certain biblical names, I still throw in a verse and tell people the learning points and how its impacted me personally.

The second factor could be in more recent months, I had resorted to modeling on my own even though I have said many many times that I know I am nowhere near model-material, let alone a UK6 but that the sole reason for me modeling on my own was so that we could save cost and in turn, pass all these savings back to our customers. But I guess people are still superficial; they only want to look and buy pretty things. They cannot stand looking at ugly or fat people for one minute and one passer-by even went as far as to attack me personally. So me being human became naturally upset. I wasn’t angry with that person who wrote that, though I must admit I was terribly affected.

Guess what I really wanted to say to that person is:

Don’t you dare discriminate ladies who are fat or have bigger-than-online-shopping-crowd-figures, because everyone deserves the chance to shop and buy blogshop clothes online.

Maybe it never occurred to anyone but modeling and putting myself under the constant scrutiny of the public eye is something I would never ask for if I had more money to hire a model. That is why I have to consistently abide in the Lord to stay strong and ignore people’s harsh comments about myself. Because if after all people who say that I have a lousy figure, they are really criticizing my Abba Father, right? For I am “fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139:14) in my Creator’s image.

Its hard maintaining a blogshop I guess..when you have friends who are supportive only on the surface and yet when you ask them to help share SD’s album on their FB wall etc, they don’t.

So it is with a heavy heart that I am announcing that I may give Seven Dresses up if things don’t improve by the end of 2012. From now until the end of the year, Seven Dresses will have new arrivals on a regular basis and we will try to shoutout on every platform possible within our means, but if our customer base still don’t increase and sales still do not improve then I guess Seven Dresses will fold. It was great fun and considered hubby and mine “baby” but after 2.5 years, a revamp and countless sales and promotions, and if things are still the same as before then I guess we have a lot of questioning and reflecting to do.

No comments: