Wedding Ticker

Thursday, July 13, 2006

| Forgiveness |

the greatest form of love is forgiveness.

i learnt this fact a long time ago in my teens, that it was precisely because of God's love for us that made Him want to forgive us, that made Him want to save us, and thus sent Jesus His Son to be the ultimate sacrifice.

i experienced this truth again when i confessed to my dad that i crashed his car. i called him in tassie and told him how i drove when i was under medication, and how i bumped and scratched.

he didn't want me to send it for any repairs. he said to wait for him to come back before doing anything.

knowing my father, that was his natural response because the three of us are his precious, dad always does things for us.

but what struck me the most was that he didn't yell at me. instead he asked if i was hurt and if i was feeling better after my fever.

i'm utterly touched.

No comments: