Wedding Ticker

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

| A Long Time Ago... |

V-day celebration went on as planned except that the winds were too strong and the cats were disturbing and the couples that went into the mangroves in the dark came out adjusting their clothes and hair (hmmmm..???).

that aside, can i pour out my feelings now?

i figured things do turn dull between a couple when you've been together for a long time. its like we're practically an old couple already considering its our 4th v-day together (we got together after v-day in 2001 therefore its the 4th one now).

the first was sweet.
the second was surprising.
the third was a novelty.
and now the fourth, its something new i guess but we've done it before.
what i'd really wanted was a S.U.R.P.R.I.S.E.

thank you for your breakfast this morning, it was lovely.

are my expectations too high?

did army really zap all your creativity, energy and novelty away?

i'm not asking for flowers because obviously they're way too expensive after serious commercializing.
i'm not even asking for fine dining.
all i'm asking for is a lil surprise, not after i complained to you the night before and then you wake up so early to make breakfast for me which by the way, i'm very appreciative of, i am.

and why issit that your guy pals can actually call you up to ask for ideas and you can give them a million and one ideas but to your own girlfriend, you can't even come up with a simple surprise???

it was most heart-wretching at the end of the day that the only thing you created especially for me was the luminious candlelights.

i have this thing against the luminious lightsticks that you used to create the effect. i do. remember changi village hotel? i freaked out and i told you i was afraid of it, i still am. so please, dun ever do anything with the luminious thingy ok?

*sigh

am i asking for too much or are you simply taking me for granted?

no doubt v-day has been way commercialized that i sometimes dun even feel like celebrating it. but regardless of whether or not its v-day, you haven't given me a surprise for a very long time.

i know i ain't very creative myself which is why even though i dun hand-make stuff for you, i try to get you things/prezzies that you least expect me to get.
how come you're not like that anymore? i'm not worth the effort anymore?

when was the last time you gave me flowers?
when was the last time you surprised me?
when was the last time you got me something i mentioned in passing that i liked it?

yes i said to you before to only get things that i want/like. but because you dun pay attention to me anymore, you dun listen, you dunno what i want/like and thus you dun get anything for me.

instead i'll have to ask, "dear, get this for me for my birthday/v-day/christmas/anniversary?" and then you get it.

what's the point?

i rest my case.

No comments: