Wedding Ticker

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

| Secret |

a secret resided in my heart for a long time,
denied the make-believe,
stopped anything from happening,
i'm glad i finally decided to tell you the truth.

he came, unassumingly captivated my heart.
he came, unknowingly led me on.
he came, unintentionally gave me feelings.

i hid, i denied, i concealed, i lied.
i protected, i guarded, i prevented, i avoided.
i couldn't, i shouldn't, i wouldn't, i didn't.

[you] loved, [you] pampered, [you] adored, [you] doted, [you] gave.
the best, the most, EVERYTHING.

i didn't have enough reason to leave [you].
i didn't have enough reason to stop loving [you].
i didn't have enough reason to ruin my happiness.

a test, a trial, a rocky path, temptation.
bad period, worst times, suspicious minds.
tears, honesty, sincerity, LOVE.

couldn't bear to see [you] cry,
couldn't bear to see [you] upset,
couldn't bear to see [your] heart shatter into pieces,
believe me, i'll mend it back.

[you] said, "although [your] heart was shattered, it wasn't broken."
tears fell uncontrollably.
the love, [YOUR] love for me,
how could i?

ashamed, afraid, guilty.
acceptance, assurance, declaration, affirmation.

i hope [you] won't regret,
because i know i wouldn't.
a confession just before our 4th anniversary,
to make sure [you'd] still want me.

[you] accepted, [you] forgave.
only one word - TOUCHED.

our promise, our commitment, our love.
faith, trust and God's help.
i wanna walk down the church aisle,
dressed in a pretty white gown,
with [you] waiting at the altar stretching out [your] hand to me.

*My Fairy Tale*
~To Thee I Bestow~
Lim Te Zhong Daniel
13th May 2001

No comments: