Wedding Ticker

Thursday, November 18, 2004

::biten::

my dog bit me last night when i tried to carry him home from the car. and now i have this huge bruise on my left hand, damn! his sharp teeth tore open my flesh and i bled. *mouth wide open* it swelled up too ya know?! *pouts* and i have a manicure session tonight after work, i'm doing it just for my birthday, to beautify myself, and now my hands are gonna be so ugly! *holding back tears* i'm so angry! *fuming* but i gave him a piece of my mind, and slapped his tiny face. he got me so mad i just had to teach him a lesson so that he'll know never to try to bite me again.
prior to that, my parents brought me to changi v for dinner last night to have my favourite ipoh kway teow, hee! *drooling* and i guess there's no such thing as free stuff anymore, because there was a hidden intention. make a guess, its not that hard. they practically compelled me to invite my horrible sister and her horrible boyfriend to my party! why should i? i was really fuming last night, i told my dad i hated him and i will never forgive what he has said to me. and at that very instance, my mind was greeted with this daily bread entry that i came across about a week ago. dated 11th november, it talked about the significance of the cross and the death that Jesus willingly accepted. the physical suffering was horrible beyond comprehension, and the worst aspect was the seperation from the Father. in his book, Dare to Believe, Dan Baumann wrote, "we have perhaps unwisely and sometimes unconsciously galmorized the cross. jewelry and steeples alike are often ornamental and attractive but carry nothing of the real story of crucifixtion. it was the most painful method of public death in the first century. the victim was placed on a wooden cross. nails...were driven into the hands and feet of the victim, and then the cross was lifted and jarred into the ground, tearing the flesh of the crucified and racking his body with excruciating pain. historians remind us that even the soldiers could not get used to the horrible sight, and often took strong drink to numb their senses." what amazing grace. my eyes were filled with tears when i read this. did you know Jesus still pleaded for the soldiers, chief priests and teachers of the law, for the forgiveness of their sins? at the very moment when nails were being driven into His hands and feet. Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they are doing." Luke 23:34 my heart is filled with awe once again, and once again i thank You. i knew what Jesus wanted me to do, i knew what my dad and mom wanted me to do. but being human, i was unable to let go of the bitterness. i prayed about it, i cried about it, i asked for forgiveness, and i asked Jesus to help me forgive them. even though they will think i'm being a hypocrite and that i'm just pretending, God will know my heart. so that's that.
and so now, they are invited to my party on saturday.

No comments: