Wedding Ticker

Monday, August 07, 2006

| Festival of Praise |

the annual praise and worship event for christians all over singapore to come together at the Indoor Stadium.

its been about 5 years since i last went, and though i am pretty certain i have never gone with the boyfriend before, he insists that we've gone together once in the early years of our relationship. i guess that must have been real early coz i have no recollection of it whatsoever!

anywayz, attended my first FOP when i was 12, oh God, that happens to be a decade ago!!! i'm like SO old?! oh yeah, i am THAT old already. =(

if my memory didn't fail me, it was the Hillsongs group from Australia leading the worship at that time. they were the ones whom made me fall in love with christian contemporary music at a very tender age. and if i didn't remember wrongly, it was at that event which also made me fall in love with sweet Jesus.

this year was the Christian City Church group, also from Australia, and Don Moen whom is one of the most established song writer and composer for christian music, whether comtemporary music or hymns.

on saturday before we went, i prayed for revival.

the event came and went but everything was still as smooth-sailing as before. and then i think, maybe its not that God didn't wanna give me a revival, but its a question of whether or not my heart is ready for that revival, that awakening. perhaps some where deep inside of me, i dun want that kind of revival because that would mean more functions/events at church, less time for myself, my own sinful desires.

i may have strayed too far away without realising it and now, just wanting to go back alone isn't gonna be good enough. its gonna take alot more than just pure determination. its gonna take a whole new santification process.

i'm gonna be needing lotsa courage especially, to venture into areas i've never been to before.

Father, give me strength.

No comments: