Wedding Ticker

Thursday, January 19, 2006

| Ramblings |

finally have time on my hands to blog everything i haven't been able to the last 2 days. work has been crazy and i feel increasingly tired of my job, what i do and how things are between my boss and i. not that its bad or anything like that, just that i feel after working with him for so long, i am still unable to grasp the sort of character he is and how he likes his stuff to be done. when i was still with my previous boss, we had good synery, if you will. and it was alot easier to do things for him than for this current one. maybe because this current one is alot younger, *sigh i dunno...we'll see how things go and hopefully things will turn out fine.

last night was crazy. met up with the girls and a guy and we danced the night away @ club momo. not exactly the most happening place if you've been there before. but it was ladies' night and it was free house pours so heck it, we still went. initially the r&b music started out fine, then it switched to house (i think) and it was horrible. then towards the end of the night they started spinning better r&b tracks, but still not my kinda standard. should have gone to zouk with their all-famous retro night instead. but only thing is, no free-flow of drinks, heh. =p slept at 4am and i had to get up 2 hours later and here i am at work now. i'm the world sleepiest thing and i dun care if there's no such word.

its a good thing my boss will be away the entire day, he's got 3 meetings and won't be back for the day. *yippie but there's gonna be a meeting tomorrow morning and i'm kinda dreading it. i mean, who likes attending meetings?

anyway, i'll be leaving earlier tomorrow, got time-off to claim, and yes the weekends are just around the corner, i can smell it. i really need to sleep and yes, spring-cleaning too. see that's about the only reason why i like chinese new year so much. it forces you to spring-clean the entire year of dirt and dust so that everything looks alot cleaner, neater and happier. but of cos, they only last for 2 weeks max and then its back to square one. beats nothing i guess.

hmmm something the girls said last night started me thinking about why some guys are incredibly nice to me. ok, no names here. but remember the old chap back then where he was the reason for my fiance's and mine rocky relationship? and also this guy friend of mine who came along last night. for the latter, i can't say he was the nicest to me, but for the former, he definitely was and always went out of his way to help me do stuff and made me feel special. you know the kind that makes you feel and think "OMG he's trying to hit on me!"?
yeah so you get the picture. i dunno, but there must be something about me that makes these guys do stuff like that. not because they're attracted to me, but rather, they're more obliged or so to take such good care of me. why? am i, to these guys, or guys in general, a damsel in distress and therefore need "men" like them to support me to be the girl or woman that i originally was? again i dunno. but sometimes i wonder and i think, why? and to be completely honest, i haven't been the nicest to them for them to be this nice to me, it kinda makes me feel bad sometimes. so the point i'm trying to make it, i dun deserve such princess-like treatments from guy friends except of cos my own fiance.

so hear this, GUYS out there, its ok to be nice to girls, but its NOT ok to be overly nice. because you are, unfortunately, sending out the wrong signals. and girls being girls, would, inevitably start imagining nonsense in their heads which is not very healthy especially if the girl is already attached, you see? lucky for me, i know my friend pretty well and know that he's just being nice because my fiance isn't around, and somehow its like his duty to take care of me. but think about it, if i were unattached or am another girl, how would she feel?

its no wonder sometimes my fiance can't help but feel jealous and i dun blame him. i would be too if i were in his shoes.

and the bottomline is, though the temptation is great out there, you know you're still my number one and i love you still dear!

No comments: